Wednesday, May 05, 2010

"them's fightin' words"

Wednesday, May 05, 2010
So apparently... my sister wasn't a huge fan of me from at least 1994-1996.
My parents are doing a huge garage sale in July so told us to come home and go through all of our stuff or it will "magically" be gone. Kaitlyn was sorting this weekend and found her old diaries... Here's what she found:
(click these images to enlarge)

Take special note of the word underlined in red.
Do you know what it says?


And my personal favorite...
(click to enlarge)


Well... I read them. So apparently I'm a dead ham?
Oh Kaitlyn... a funny girl you are!
The funny thing is these are all words I know we were not allowed to say when we were 7 and 10 years old :)

Thankfully.... that was just a phase.
Now she leaves me notes like,
"Thanks for letting me come for lunch"
or
"Thanks for letting me sleepover and do laundry... I love you sissy!"

Yeah... Thank goodness things have changed :)





5 comments:

Ginger Murray said...

Oh man... you're dead ham, Sara.

I can't tell what that word says!!

saranaede said...

I know. A dead ham!
And it's "initials" :)

Jocelyn said...

Initials? Too funny! I know my sister and I went through similar "hate" stages and are now great friends. Oh, what I have to look forward to with my two little girls...

kaitlyn said...

Note that on the left side of the bottom picture that that journal is "Propety of Kaitlyn".

I was a rilly gud speller.

tanelson said...

Laughing out loud so hard right now! I love it...I have 4 sisters, and I am pretty sure I would have written...or had things like that written of me with at least 2 of them! Girls are kinda mean huh!?!